Breastfeeding is one of the most natural and beneficial acts a mother can do for her child. Breast milk is a unique nutritional source that cannot adequately be replaced by any other food, including infant formula. Although pollutants can accumulate in breast milk, it remains superior to infant formula from the perspective of the overall health of both mother and child.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby:
- Optimal balance of nutrients
- Antibodies support your baby’s immune system
- Reduce risk of asthma, allergies, colic, obesity, diarrhoea, and certain ear
- Easily digested nutrients
- Reduces risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Benefits of Breastfeeding for Mom:
- Convenient, inexpensive nourishment for baby
- Lose excess body weight
- Helps your uterus contract after delivery
- Increases bond with baby
About video: Breastfeeding is crucial for your baby's development but also for you. Learn more about the benefits of breastfeeding in this video.