During pregnancy, so many changes occur in your body and it may become difficult to keep up with all of them. You may feel sometime it is amazing, some time irritating and some time you have extreme unbearable pain and Round ligament pain can be one of those painful changes you may have during your pregnancy.
What is Round Ligament Pain?
The round ligaments are the bands of tough fibrous tissue that support your muscles and organs. They expand and grow to help support your uterus as it gets bigger. As these ligaments stretch, some women feel the pain and this is called as Round Ligament Pain.
Thankfully, you can ease and prevent round ligament pain:
- Start modifying your activities, like walking and moving slowing,
- Do not rise quickly from the bed or chairs.
- Go for some stretching exercises or prenatal yoga.
- Use maternity belt or abdominal support garments
- Bend and flex your hips before you cough, sneeze, or laugh to avoid pulling on the ligaments.
- And at the last heating pad or warm bath may be helpful.
However call your doctor immediately if your pain becomes unbearable.