The nineteenth week of pregnancy is a very important week for both mom and baby. There are many critical changes happening within both systems. As the middle of the pregnancy term approaches, Mom is probably feeling more comfortable with her pregnancy and the changes in her body. You are now getting ready for your mid-pregnancy ultrasound where you can find out your baby's sex.
Changes in Body:
- More likely to develop a yeast infection.
- Hip and abdomen pain present.
- Leg cramps.
- Milk teeth have developed in the gums, and buds for permament teeth are beginning to form.
- Brain nerve cells for taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing.
- Fetus will now start putting on rapid rate and the growth slows.
- Baby is 23cm long and now weights 285 grams.
- Developing a protective coating over skin.
- Improving its sense of hearing.