Your baby is really pushing the boundaries of its accommodation and your uterus needs to expand a little more everyday just to fit it all in. This will inevitably mean you’ll feel some ligament and muscle discomfort when you are 27 weeks pregnant.
Your back, pelvis, sides of your belly and even your legs could be feeling aching and sore because of the effects your pregnancy hormones are having on all your connective tissues.
Changes in Body:
- You will be getting noticeability larger and will have put on weight around your chest as well as your breasts.
- Your tummy could be getting itchy this week, with a sensation of ants crawling over it.
- As your baby grows, heartburn, weight gain, back pain, and swelling all increase.
- Your baby's brain is now also going through its final stages of fine tuning with some last minute fast and furious development.
- The fetus's eyes are open and it will be able to see light through the skin of your abdomen.
- It will have started to practice sucking and may be able to suck his thumb or list.
- Your baby now is roughly 36cm long and weighs 800 grams.
Steps to Do:
- Avoid lying on your back too much as you may feel faint, as the enlarged uterus presses directly against blood vessels.
- It is probably time to think about the type of birth you would like to have.
- Make sure you are wearing the correct size maternity bra.