Benefits body massaging a woman from 13 weeks onwards during her pregnancy is a fantastic way to keep a mum-to-be relaxed and comfortable as her growing body accommodates the new weight.
Massage is often thought of as a pleasant indulgence or a relaxing treat, whereas it is much more than that. Pregnancy is the ideal time to seek out massage to support the various changes you will experience as a pregnant woman.
The main benefits of regular safe and effective mama massages are:
- Relief of pain.
- Improved circulation for mother and baby.
- Improved immune system for mother and baby .
- Better sleep.
- A more relaxed attitude towards giving birth, and thus better birth outcomes.
- Better bonding between mother and baby.
- Improved changes of good weight.
- Improved skin condition.
- Relief of headaches and possibly nausea.
Extras you will need:
- A firm, steady, thick pillow for the leg plus a towel to cover.
- A thin cushion or towel for under the belly.
- An two towels or sheets for draping.
- A pillow to hold on to.
- No massage before 13 weeks (unless you've had specific training)
- No massaging the inner leg.
- No shaking moves on the legs.
- No massage for any pregnant lady who is bleding.
- Always ask if there has been any complications, nausea, bleeding and if all their scans and tests have come back good.