Deep Squat Pose Breathing for Vaginal Delivery
• To begin with take a deep squat pose with legs wide apart and your both hands folded in front of your chest.
• In this pose, your both elbows should rest on your respective knee caps and palms facing and touching each other.
• Take 5 deep breaths when you are in this deep squat pose.
• Perform a deep squat and release all your energy through pelvis with your eyes closed.
Squat Exercise for Vaginal Delivery
• Squats exercise is great for your glutes and legs.
• Stand shoulder width apart.
• Push your lower rear end back and keep your abdominal tight and in, as you lower your body.
• Bring your hands forward in front of the chest with shoulder width apart as you lower your body. Be extremely cautious that your knees do not pass your toes.
• Repeat this squat exercise for 20 times at least.
Standing Squat Exercise
• This exercise prepares you for labor and delivery and is good for your lower body.
• To begin with stand legs more wide apart than your shoulders with both your hands on their respective thighs with legs pointing outwards.
• Now, lower your upper body and start doing squats.
• Be attentive to keep knees in the 90 degrees angle at the lowest point of your squat.
• Repeat this squat exercise at least 10 times.
Sitting Exercise for Vaginal Delivery
• Sit in a relaxed position with the back as tall as possible while putting the base of together facing each other, so that your legs bent at the knees.
• This pose will help you open hips and pelvis, which is very important childbirth.
• Lean backward and put your both hands at the back with fingers pointing to the sides and do focus on releasing energy through your pelvis.
• You can also bend forward, but not too far because of your stomach size. Go back as far as possible and return to initial position with your back as tall as possible.
• Repeat this for at least 10 times.
Sitting Wide Apart for Vaginal Delivery
• Sit with your legs wide apart as much as possible on the ground without overstressing or overstretching with your palms on the knee caps.
• It is very important yoga exercise for childbirth as it helps opening woman’s hips and pelvis. Take a few breaths to release your inner thigh muscles and to feel more comfortable and come in a forward bent position till you are comfortable.
• Stretch to your right side as much as possible comfortably and stay in this pose for a few seconds.
• Repeat the same on left side and do all this while you breathe as usual for both sides.
• Repeat this exercise for at least 10 times.
Sitting and Side Stretch Exercise
• Sit relaxed with your left hand on the right knee and vice versa, now breathe in to raise up your chest and upper back and exhale as you twist to the side.
• Come back to the initial position and repeat this on the other side. Repeat this for 10 times.
Sitting Up Straight and Bending The Knees Exercise
• To do this exercise, sit up straight and bend your knees and take your hands to the outside of the knees.
• Take a deep breath through your nose and round your spine and tighten abdominal muscles as you exhale.
• Hold for 3 seconds in this position and release abdominal muscles.
• As you come up straight and pull your shoulders back inhale and repeat.
Side Line Leg Lifts Exercise
• To begin with, lie down on your side with your fore arm resting on the ground and palm facing the ground bending at the elbow and the other hand also on the ground for support.
• Now raise your leg up and down as much as possible comfortably.
• This is a great exercise for strengthening your glutes and legs.
• Be careful that your legs are straight while moving up and down.
• Place your arms under your shoulders directly and put your weight on knees.
• Now, tighten up your abdomen and draw belly button away from the exercise mat and towards your spine.
• The purpose of this exercise is to draw away abdomen from the mat and toward the spine.
• Do focus on breathing while doing this.
Hand and Leg Raise Exercise
• This is a very good exercise for lower back problems or abdominal region.
• Take a deep breath and as you exhale extend your left arm and your right leg as far as you can. Keep your hips square and keep your abdominal region tight.
• You can stay in this pose for up to 15 seconds and breathe freely.
• Do consult your physician before starting any of the above exercises for your medical condition.