Create: 01/03/2017 - 10:14
Breast milk has uses beyond feeding babies. That liquid gold has antibacterial properties, so try it for...
1. Cracked Nipples: Post-nursing, squeeze out a few drops rub in, and let dry. Breast milk can kill the bacteria that cause mastitis.
2. Cradle Cap: Rubbing breast milk on baby's cradle cap may help it heal faster.
3. Chapped Lips: Rub a little milk on baby's (or mom's!) lips if they seem chapped or dry.
4. Blocked or Inflamed Tear Ducts: They're normal in newborns and will clear up in time, but a little topically applied breast milk can help, too.
5. Inflamed Skin: From diaper rash to eczema, insect bites to sunburn, rubbing breast milk on baby can soothe her inflamed skin—and yours.
Always consult your pediatrician if you're concerned about your baby's health.