Create: 11/22/2016 - 07:45
Most healthcare professionals recommend bathing newborns 2 or 3 times per week, increasing the frequency as your baby gets older. Even though you may not give your baby a bath every day, a sponge bath is an alternative many moms choose for their very young babies.
If your baby has their umblical cord, talk to your doctor about sponge baths.
What you need?
- Baby tub with warm water
- Mild cleanser gentle enough for newborns
- Towels & washcloth
- Cotton pads
Baby Bathing Tips:
- Never leave a baby alone in the bath, not even for a second.
- Always wipe from the inside corner of the eye, outward.
- One cotton pad per eye.
- Leave diaper area for last, washing from front to back.
- For uncircumcised boys, avoid pulling back the foreskin.
- Don't be afraid to gently wash the soft spots.
- Gently pat skin dry to help avoid skin damage.
- Babies' skin loses moisture nearly twice as fast as adults.