Create: 07/19/2016 - 07:19
Your womb will begin to get bigger more quickly and you will really begin to look pregnant. While you are still probably not too big, your baby is becoming a little human with functioning senses. So eat well, talk nicely, sing and enjoy this good time! Your breasts may start to leak a little pre-milk – this is normal.
Changes in Body:
- There could be some slight breathlessness as your expanding rib cage pushes upwards, giving your lungs less room.
- Your energy levels should now start to improve so you can now start planning your nursey.
- Stretch marks and dry skin.
- Uterus might occasionally feel tight (practicing for labour)
- Milk developing in your breast.
- Fetus is now around 28cm long and weighs about 390 grams.
- You should now be able to see your abdomen ripple as your baby moves.
- Digestive system producing "meconium" (future stool)
- Tasting what you eat through the amniotic fluid.
- Starts developing memory.
Common complaints:- Heartburn - burning feeling in your chest, worst when you lie down. Common in the last few months of pregnancy when hormones cause the valve at the top of your stomach to relax which allows stomach acid to pass back to the oesophagus.Itching - your skin arround your baby bump, as your belly grows and the skin stretches. This can be calmed by a natural moisturizer.