Create: 07/19/2016 - 06:49
Six months pregnant, can you believe it? By the time you are 24 weeks pregnant, the baby has a chance of survival if he or she is born. Most babies born before this time cannot live because their lungs and other vital organs are not developed enough. The care that can now be given in neonatal (baby) units means that more and more babies born early do survive. But for babies born at around this time, there are increased risks of disability.
Changes in Body:
- Your body may now start to feel the strain of carrying the extra weight, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- Your pregnancy is progressing well and you should be gaining roughly 500 grams per week.
- A dark vertical line going down the middle of your belly will likely appear (so-called "linea nigra")
- Feeling the baby's movements more and more.
- Your libido is like on a rollercoaster.
- Baby's heartbeat can be heard with a stethoscope now, and your baby can hear you speak
- Vigorous movements of your baby followed by periods of quiet.
- Your baby is developing its own waking and sleeping patterns.
- Pay attention as this usually the pattern of baby when born.
- Baby now weighs 500 grams and is roughly 33cm long.
- Skin getting more human-like pink color.
- Most organs now in place and working.
- If born now, there is a good chance of survival.