Create: 07/19/2016 - 06:38
Can you believe baby has eyelashes at 26 weeks? Baby’s eyes are forming now, and soon she’ll be opening and closing them very soon. She’s taking lots of breaths now, though they aren’t yet of oxygen.
Changes in Body:
- Watch out for sudden severe swelling - can be pre-eclampsia.
- Mild swelling of your face, hands or feet is still normal.
- Occasional "contractions" can occur.
- Although still appearing rather scrawny, the fetus is beginning to lay down fat under the skin.
- Fat will help regulate body temperature now and after birth the skin.
- The fetus/baby is around 35 cm long and weighs 700 grams.
- Practicing breathing by breathing amniotic fluid.
- Immune system developing.
- Eyes have eyelashes.
Steps to Do:
- If you are still working it is time to decide when you are going to stop.
- Most workplace require maternity leave applications to be lodget at least 3 weeks prior to departure.
- Now is great time to start attending birth classes, which will help you prepare for labour.
- If you have booked your hospital you may want to do a tour of the facilities, or know how to get to the hospital when you go into labour.